Millions of public Twitter streams harbor a wealth of data, and once you mine them, you can gain some valuable insights. This short and concise book offers a collection of recipes to help you extract nuggets of Twitter information using easy-to-learn Python tools. Each recipe offers a discussion of how and why the solution works, so you can quickly adapt it to fit your particular needs. The recipes include techniques to:
- Use OAuth to access Twitter data
- Create and analyze graphs of retweet relationships
- Use the streaming API to harvest tweets in realtime
- Harvest and analyze friends and followers
- Discover friendship cliques
- Summarize webpages from short URLs
This book is a perfect companion to O'Reilly's Mining the Social Web .