This guide is strikingly different from other books on Microsoft ADO.NET. Rather than load you down with theory, the new edition of ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook gives you more than 200 coding solutions and best practices for real problems you're likely to face with this technology using Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET 3.5 platform.
Organized to help you find the topic and specific recipe you need quickly and easily, this book is more than just a handy compilation of cut-and-paste C# code. ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook also offers clear explanations of how and why each code solution works, and warns you of potential pitfalls so you can learn to adapt the book's problem-solving techniques to different situations.
This collection of timesaving recipes covers vital topics including:
- Connecting to data
- Retrieving and managing data
- Transforming and analyzing data
- Modifying data
- Binding data to .NET user interfaces
- Optimizing .NET data access
- Enumerating and maintaining database objects
- Maintaining database integrity