Completely revised for ASP.NET 2.0, this new edition of the best-selling ASP.NET Cookbook has everything you need to go from beginning to advanced Windows-based web site development using Microsoft's popular Visual Studio 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0 developer tools. Written for the impatient professional, ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook contains more than 125 recipes for solving common and not-so-common problems you are likely to encounter when building ASP.NET-based web applications.
The recipes in this book, which run the gamut from simple coding techniques to more comprehensive development strategies, are presented in the popular Problem-Solution-Discussion format of the O'Reilly Cookbook series. As with the first edition, every solution is coded in both C# and Visual Basic 2005.
Among the additions and revisions to this new edition are:
- Three new chapters, including 25 new recipes for Master and Content pages, Personalization using Profiles and Themes, Custom Web Parts, and more
- New code for every solution, rewritten to take advantage of features and techniques new to ASP.NET 2.0 and available for download
The ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook continues to provide the most comprehensive coverage you'll find anywhere of:
- Tabular controls, including the new GridView control
- Data validation, including the new ASP.NET 2.0 validation controls, as well as techniques for performing your own validation programmatically
- User and custom controls
- Error handling, performance tuning, and caching
Whether you're new to ASP.NET or an experienced Microsoft developer, with ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook , deliverance from a long day (or night) at your computer could be just one recipe away.