Concise but thorough, this second edition of C# Essentials introduces the Microsoft C# programming language, including the Microsoft .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) and .NET Framework Class Libraries (FCL) that support it. This book?s compact format and terse presentation of key concepts serve as a roadmap to the online documentation included with the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK; the many examples provide much-needed context.
This new edition has been updated to cover the final release of the C# language. In addition to overviews of C#, the CLR, and the FCL, this new edition of C# Essentials covers:
- Every C# language element and its syntax, in reference format, including new keywords
- The major C# datatypes, with code examples
- Common C# programming tasks
- Interoperation with legacy Win32 APIs and COM components, and the use of C/C++ style pointers within the managed context of the CLR
- Common development issues
C# Essentials is an easy way for experienced programmers to evaluate and get up to speed quickly on the language best suited to developing web applications and services on the new Microsoft .NET platform.