Written by key members of Juniper Network's ScreenOS development team, this one-of-a-kind Cookbook helps you troubleshoot secure networks that run ScreenOS firewall appliances. Scores of recipes address a wide range of security issues, provide step-by-step solutions, and include discussions of why the recipes work, so you can easily set up and keep ScreenOS systems on track.
ScreenOS Cookbook gives you real-world fixes, techniques, and configurations that save time -- not hypothetical situations out of a textbook. The book comes directly from the experience of engineers who have seen and fixed every conceivable ScreenOS network topology, from small branch office firewalls to appliances for large core enterprise and government, to the heavy duty protocol driven service provider network. Its easy-to-follow format enables you to find the topic and specific recipe you need right away and match it to your network and security issue.
- Configuring and managing ScreenOS firewalls
- NTP (Network Time Protocol)
- Interfaces, Zones, and Virtual Routers
- Mitigating Denial of Service Attacks
- DDNS, DNS, and DHCP
- IP Routing
- Policy-Based Routing
- Elements of Policies
- Application Layer Gateway (SIP, H323, RPC, RTSP, etc.,)
- Content Security
- Managing Firewall Policies
- IPSEC VPN
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, and NSRP
- Multicast -- IGPM, PIM, Static Mroutes