Use of ecodesign tools and expectations for Product Environmental FootprintThe report examines the implementation of ecodesign and green innovations inNordic textile and IT companies. The findings of this report are:
1) The respondents are fairly mature in terms of how they integratedenvironmental sustainability into their operations. Companies are mainlydriven by general willingness but deterred by cost increases.
2) Companies remain focused on technical innovations, whereas functionalinnovations are lagging behind.
3) Ecodesign tools and research and development activities are highly relevantfor promoting innovations.
4) The main tools used are Type I Ecolabels, Life Cycle Assessment and CarbonFootprint.
5) Few respondents are familiar with PEF, but many are interested in it. PEF is predominantly seen as a way to evaluate the accuracy of environmentalproduct claims.